Chrys Bonnay-Lewis: Totally cosmopolitan cups, traditional celadon glaze on porcelian and fired in salt kiln (makes the glaze sparkle). Made by me from wheel-thrown prototypes, slip-cast in porcelain and then assembled. Each nubby is individually applied.
Does your baby love balloons? Are they just spellbound by how they magically float over head. Unlike a ball, a balloon moves slowly, gently, perfect for little hands & eyes that want to bat that thing back up in the air. But there is a problem with balloons and babies. They are a choking hazard. They can pop and eject the latex into the mouth, blocking the airway.
I’m always anxious when babies & toddlers are around balloons. Of course my kids have all adored balloons to distraction. Even though I sometimes wonder if my own risk of heart attack from the stress of watching babies bite balloons is worse than the actual choking risk, I still cannot get over the fear and worry every time I see an infant bite a balloon. Makes my blood run cold!
Fortunately, there is a simple elegant solution for us all, from SDK Designs that brings balloons back into play. Fabric balloon slipcovers! These are so clever I do wish I’d thought of it myself. The balloon goes in, you blow it up, you slip the knotted end inside and you have an attractive, covered, and safe balloon for baby to bat at. Genius. It’s a neurotic mommy’s best friend and a great gift as well!
Sweet slips to let peek out from under your skirts.
A Slip Shop: I am Kaity and I love fashion and creating. And, to my very supportive husband’s dismay, I love trying new things and DIYing myself through life. I can’t say that I have any specific hobbies or loves (other than my husband and adorable children and, well, fashion, and oreo blizzards, and…okay, so maybe I’m not completely accurate here.), mainly because my hobbies and interests are always changing and evolving.
Don’t feel comfortable ordering a ring online because you don’t know your ring size? You’re not coordinated enough to wrap a slip of paper around your finger and measure it? Maybe you’d like to get a pinkie ring, but it is such a hassle to drive around to a jewelry store to get your finger sized. Are you too embarrassed to get your big toe measured at the jewelry counter at Wal-Mart? Does Wal-Mart even have a jewelry counter?
Not to worry. Ye Ole Supply Shop carries this very inexpensive ring sizer set which is only $5.35 (US and Canada) including shipping. ($7.70 including shipping to anywhere else.)
So no excuses now. Get yourself a ring sizer and start purchasing some sweet sweet bling.
Fun rings which are great for giving or getting, in low to high price ranges… slip one on yourself or someone you luv on Valentine’s Day.
Right: California Pink Tourmaline and Sterling Silver Ring by McFarland Designs $204.
- Pretty Pink Poppies Ring by The Intuitive Garden $22.
- Pink and black Resin flower ring by All Just 4 You $8.
- Bloom Dinner Ring by Jewelry By Reshell $23.95.
- Hot Pink Rock Ring by Emily Tyrie Creations $37.50.
- constellation ring by jessi taylor (sold as I was writing about it!)
- Diva Ring by Kalicat $149.
- Pink Poppy Flower Ring by Kacchan $15.
- Pink and Lime Button Ring by Funky Monkey Jewelry $4.50.
- pink cupcake ring by summer pickles $8.
- Button Ring by yanadesigns $7.
- Yummy Cupcake Ring by lara lewis $7.
- Tropical Sugar ring by Sparkle Couture $49.
- Golden Textile Embroidered Flower Ring by La Camelot $45.50.
- Tea Time Ring by Natali Araya $60.
- Sweetheart Heart Ring by The Funky Felter $10.50.
- Maisy’s Daisys by Fancy Me $5.
- Heart Ring by Kristin Perkins Glass Jewelry $80.